Sunday 11 January 2015

Looking back at 2014 and Looking forward...

 2015 is off to a flying start but of course looking back is so necessary. Last year was incredibly busy  for me. Mr S took a contract working in India and I found myself really struggling to make my work life balance work with the kids. I would be a wreck by Friday and while I love what I do I knew things had to change for this to work for me. 

We ran the first ever Sewing Camp which was amazing, I really got a feel for teaching in a different atmosphere, a completely different vibe. We traveled a lot which was amazing, India and my block printing adventure :)which I blogged about, seeing the Taj Mahal. Sri Lanka, to see family and attend weddings then Disney in Florida which was amazing and really allowed us all to spend quality time together. I met my old college friends, got to meet their kids and had a wonderful time with my cousins and family, people I did not know growing up. I got to meet some incredible people, visit the most amazing places and see some wonderful things. What a year... 





I listed all my goals for 2015, something I am sure all of us do and I found that growing Seams So Easy and my personal sewing were on the agenda. Knowing what did not work for me last year really helped shape my choices and so I hired an admin person to help me with all the nitty gritty work that is so necessary but takes up too much of my time. I have also started the process of hiring teachers and looking at new schools and other venues. The list is endless but once this is all done I would have made the changes I need to make this work for me.. There are plans for an Easter Sewing Camp with a wonderful host of projects and new sewing, dyeing and quilting ideas...so here's to 2015 being an amazing year for all of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment